Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Corey BeckerCorey Becker
    Keymaster

Questions or Comments about the weekly National Net

Jack Floodjack flood
    Participant

Where can I find further information on this weekly net? Coverage area, times, Content?

Corey BeckerCorey Becker
    Keymaster
    Doug TuckerDoug Tucker
    Participant

It was great hearing the GMRS Net last Sunday. I’m new to Nets. How is the initial call list created, which the Net Controller used for check-ins?

Doug TuckerDoug Tucker
    Participant

How do people get added to the roll-call list for the weekly nets? I heard Illinois (including the “2nd chance” follow-up), and wasn’t sure if I should hear my call sign. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you.

Doug TuckerDoug Tucker
    Participant

I found the answer on https://tucsongmrs.org/ website: “Please note that if you check into either the roll call, or the general check-in, you will be automatically placed on the roll call for the next five nets. Your spot on the roll call is renewed with every net you have a presence in; alternatively – if you’d like to be manually placed on the roll call you can also give us a shout throughout the week, or send me an email at tucsongmrs@gmail.com.”
    Once I know I can be a “regular” I’ll check in. Thank you all who help make this a successful net.

John CoyneJohn Coyne
    Participant

I would love to be able to participate and I can listen in faintly on the Chain O Lakes 462.725 repeater. I live in Wheeling, 60090. Unfortunately my Baofeng UV5R isn’t picking up the repeater too well. Also I’m having trouble transmitting. I’m guessing the radio is also not programmed to transmit correctly, even if it were my transmissions would be pretty weak. Is it possible to gain access through Zello?

Thanks
    John Coyne
    236 – WRFN872

Doug TuckerDoug Tucker
    Participant

<<EDITED – I found the answer…Corrected below>>
    Hi Midwest GMRS Team,
    Join the National GMRS net tonight at 7:00PM Central (8:00PM Eastern). Even with the daylight savings time change, the Midwest net is still at the same time, unless you’re in a time zone that doesn’t change clocks. For example, Arizona will be on Mountain time instead of Pacific time.
    I hope to hear you on the net tonight and each Sunday. Be sure to register in advance at
    https://mygmrs.com/nets
    (click the big red “Online Check-in” link)
    ~Doug T.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by Doug TuckerDoug Tucker. Reason: Daylight Savings Question - found answer
    Jay RachauJay Rachau

Ice breaker questions for tonight’s round table.

1.would you rather go into the past and meet your ancestors or go into the future and meet your great great grandchildren?

2. Would you rather have more time or more money?

3. Would you rather have a rewind button or a pause button on your life?

4. Would you rather be able to talk with the animals or speak a foreign language?

If you decide to participate I will ask you one of this question for you to answer. If you like to elaborate on your answer please do after you answer it.

Thanks,
    WRCQ487 JAY

Anita CaturaAnita Catura
    Participant

I would like to confirm that I need neither a ct tone or a DCS tone to activate and use the linked repeaters here in Wisconsin. It may be that I just need a better antenna, but I’m unable to reach anyone yet I can receive transmissions between others on the repeater. I am confused by this.

Jay RachauJay Rachau

The Armored 1 does require tones to key it up. Unfortunately we can not discuss the tones of repeaters on a open forum. If you login into mwgmrs.com and scroll down to the repeater list on the home page. Click on armored 1 and it will show you the correct tones.

Anita CaturaAnita Catura
    Participant

Thank you Jay.

Anita CaturaAnita Catura
    Participant

I am still unable to reach the repeater. I have a midland mxt400 for my base unit and a mxt275 for my mobile. I put the dcs code in both the repeater channels of 21 and 22. I can receive people using repeaters but they apparently can;t hear me calling for a radio check. What am I missing? HELP please

• This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by BUDDY MoyerBUDDY Moyer.
    Jay RachauJay Rachau

Anita please edit your post so it does not show tones. The radios that you are using will not do split tones with out getting the program and cable to change them in the software.

Jay RachauJay Rachau

Sorry for the late notice tonight.

The Regional net topic is:
    What are you grateful for.

National net topic is:
    Brown pants moment, share a time that you were really scared.

I believe the Tech night topic is:
    Grid down situation with gmrs, what can we learn.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.