Front Page Forums General Topics of Interest The G7 Summit III (Biscuits & Bisen)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Justin DelostJustin Delost
    Participant

I am happy to announce that I will be hosting another meet and greet this coming Saturday, April 3rd for some of us radio enthusiasts to get together and mingle. I have chosen a new and exciting location for us to meet this time which is one of my all time favorite State Parks. The name of the park is Buffalo Rock State Park and it is located at 1300 North 27th Road in Ottawa IL 61350. At 545 feet above sea level, Buffalo Rock State Park is located on a bluff which once was an island in the Illinois River. Now standing majestically on the north bank, this promontory affords a magnificent, sweeping view of the Illinois River. Located approximately 3 miles west of Ottawa in LaSalle County, this 298-acre park has long been a favorite picnic area, as well as a nature lovers’ delight. The area of Buffalo Rock was the home of the Illinois Indians when Louis Jolliet, the French explorer, and the Jesuit missionary priest Father Jacques Marquette made their trip up the Illinois River in 1673. Later, the Illinois tribe was virtually annihilated in protracted warfare with the aggressive Iroquois.

I will be serving biscuits and gravy for those who are able to get some before it’s gone and that will begin at 9:00 AM. After we get our fill, I plan to announce a surprise tour that will involve a quick drive across the street and then about a ½ mile walk to one of the most amazing sights of your life which will be well worth the walk through the woods, but be prepared!

I hope for us to be able to hang out for the most of the day and maybe even do lunch at a local diner in Ottawa if anyone is interested. The park has everything we will want including bathrooms, a beautiful fireplace inside a large pavilion and even buffalo.

I hope to see you there!

Justin
    WRFR912

Morris TaiblesonMorris Taibleson
    Participant

Count us in.

Jay RachauJay Rachau

I have it on the calendar. I have a busy afternoon but hope to make it out for the morning part.

Thanks Justin for putting this one.

Brian KmetzBrian Kmetz
    Participant

Newbie here. First post. Any G7 GTGs coming up in May?

Brian
    WRKZ843

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.