Front Page Forums General Topics of Interest Test of new CDM1250 at Woodridge, IL 1/20/2021

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Andrey YakovenkoAndrey Yakovenko
    Participant

I almost finished setting up my new CDM1250 base station. Therefore I would like to test it on Simplex. I will be doing it on Wednesday, January 20, 2021 at 8 pm (20:00) CST at GMRS Channel 22 (462.725MHz) NO PL/DPL tone — Open. If anyone interested in listening and trying to connect please let me know. Any feedback will be highly appreciated. The base station is located in Woodridge IL at the intersection of Westview Ln & Everglade Ave. I made 1/4 wave “pizza” pan antenna and place it in the attic. Just waiting for tools and crimper to terminate antenna cable and instal the mini-UHF connector. I will first try to transmit on 25Watts then will switch to 40Watts.

Thanks a lot,

Andrey (WRKF846)

Clement KlimaClement Klima
    Participant

Andrey,

I’ll be out there at 8 PM this Wednesday.

Clem
    WRJD357

Jay RachauJay Rachau

This is awesome. I’ll try to remember to make an announcement on the net.

Andrey YakovenkoAndrey Yakovenko
    Participant

Clem and Jay Thanks a lot. I have calculated using the air link website that there is a good spot in Downers Grove where you should hear me very well it is the intersection of Belmont and College Rd. I believe you should hear me well even with a handheld. In fact, these two roads do not have an intersection but at the end of College right before it becomes Belmont. Looks like there is not such a big obstruction of the terrain at that particular spot. Here the spot

John RuthJohn Ruth
    Participant

Andrey,
    I’m local in Bolingbrook near Ikea. Love to help you test out your new set up. Is it still active?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.