Front Page Forums Buy Sell Trade – Radio Related Only Looking for a base station

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Erik FriesErik Fries
    Participant

Looking for a mobile / base station. I know old commercial radios are available on eBay but not sure how to go about programming them though

Matthew DavidsonMatthew Davidson
    Participant

Hi Erik,

Most old commercial radios you buy from eBay you can also get the programming software. However, be careful because if the radio is old enough you will need the right computer (i.e. computer with DOS operating system) many of the radio’s can be gotten around that by using an emulator but some old Motorola’s are really particular and need an actual DOS computer.

A second option is have a radio shop program the radio. If you are in/near Janesville, WI I can help you. I operate the Janesville repeater and own Bandt Communications (a radio shop). We can program just about any Motorola, Vertex Standard, Kenwood, E.F. Johnson, most Harris, you name it we can probably do it (if not we know someone who can).

If you have any questions or would like help, feel free to contact me at matt@bandtcom.com or 608-757-1770 (ask for Matt)

Take care,
    Matt Davidson

Jay RachauJay Rachau

Hey Erik, I sold all the CDM’s that I had but if I come across some more I’ll let you know. I have two really good Motorola code plugs for the Midwest system, if you want to buy the radio on ebay I would be more than happy to clone them for no fee. You would be just out for the shipping to me and back to you.

These are the two models to look for that I can clone.

AAM25SKD9PW2AN CDM1250 450-512 40 WATT
    AAM25RKD9AA2AN CDM1250 403-470 40 WATT

You can find them anywhere between $100 to $150.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.