Front Page Forums Midwest GMRS Repeaters Janesville Wisconsin Repeater Access

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Dennis GoetheDennis Goethe
    Participant

Hi everyone. I am new to GMRS. Granted my license a few weeks ago. I am located in the corn and bean fields of north central Illinois. Most of the traffic I hear is from the repeater in Janesville Wisconsin and my radio indicates a full strength signal even though I am at least 35 miles away. I have requested access several times. I have supplied all the requested information but have not yet received any reply. I have heard other newbies like me granted access since my first request. If there is a lengthy waiting period, I did not see it mentioned. Please advise me if there is something I have overlooked.
    Thank you,
    Dennis

Jay RachauJay Rachau

Good morning Dennis and welcome to the Midwest GMRS Group. I believe that repeater owner typically goes through his request emails on Sunday’s So if you haven’t heard anything come Monday morning please post back in here and we will get it figured out. Also I assume you are using the mygmrs request tabe to be granted access?

Thanks,

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Jay RachauJay Rachau.
    Participant

Two Sundays have come and gone since my first request and a 2nd request. Requested via the method in this group.
    A personal friend was granted access this past Friday after applying on Thursday.

Corey BeckerCorey Becker
    Keymaster

I am not sure what the deal is, I have the machine listed on mygmrs as members, so if you log into mygmrs you should see the info.

I just double checked and it clearly says log in to view info.

The DPL is XXXX in and out, no place on the listing does it say ask for permission.

Corey

• This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by Jay RachauJay Rachau.
    Participant

Thank you. I see that both the DPL’s are now listed and the “request authorization” requirement is no longer there.
    I don’t know when that changed but I swear it was different February 4th, or whatever day it was I fist joined this group and requested access.
    Dennis

Jay RachauJay Rachau

Hey Dennis, glad you are all set now. Hope to hear you out there soon.

Jay WRCQ487

Participant

Thanks for your feedback Jay. I received an email from Cory stating he has been getting >100 requests per day. I’m about 40 miles from the repeater but get an S9 signal. Still don’t get any response when asking for a confirmation of my transmission. I do get a momentary “green light” indication on my Wouxun KG-1000G after transmission indicating I hit the repeater. I will keep trying. My antenna is in a temporary location due to the weather. Eventually it will be 20 feet higher and I will have a 50 mile or more line of sight to the horizon in all directions.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.